Exhibitors and experts line up at the NSBRC
One of the things we have really missed this year is attending self-build shows. For us, there is nothing quite like getting out and meeting self-builders, hearing your stories and understanding your successes and struggles. It is fair to say we also see the shows as a chance to catch up on industry news and chew the cud with our competitors.
That’s why the upcoming National Self-Build and Renovation Show (Friday 16 – Sunday 18 October) is a welcome change from the new norm. The UK’s only permanent self-build exhibit, the centre in Swindon is run on different lines to what you’d expect from a large self-build exhibition. For a start, it is open all year round so the team there has had plenty of time to put in place rigorous measures designed to keep visitors safe earning them the ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry-standard signposting it operates in line with Government and public health guidance.
Safely features include
- Face coverings are mandatory but don’t worry if you forget yours, spare masks will be available at the reception
- Social distancing is maintained throughout the Centre (with face-covering this needs to be 1 metre+, although 2 metres when possible)
- There are hand-sanitising stations at various points throughout the NSBRC
- Exhibitors are limited to 1 representative on their stand
- 1:2:1s with core self-build experts will be available with social distancing in place
- Live demonstrations have been replaced with pre-recorded educational talks and case studies
The centre has also produced a quick video to help you ensure your visit to the show is safe. You can view the video here.
If you are planning to attend you will need to book in advance, which you can do here https://bit.ly/3k1bO2o Tickets to the show are free.
Get ahead by pre-booking a meeting slot
To avoid too much hanging around you can also pre-book a time slot to meet our Sales Manager Jason Hartley in our office at the NSBRC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Just let him know what you would like to discuss, and your preferred timings and he’ll block time to dedicate to answering your questions about building with timber frame and working with Fleming Homes.
While we would love to see you at the show, the nice thing about the NSBRC is that as a national self-build hub it is open all year round. If you can’t make 16-18 October and would like to visit outside of the show times, let us know so that we can ensure one of the team is on hand to meet you there!
- 17 March Tackling timber frame terminology
- 16 November Top Tips When Planning Your Build
- 25 September Is timber frame the same as a pre-fab?
- 09 April Boost Your Self-Build Knowledge
- 08 February Can a timber frame home stand the test of time?
- 15 January Self-build mortgages: what you need to know
- 10 August A Scottish model for an English market
- 18 September 3 essentials for self-build success